Q: I want to format an entire row based on the value of one cell in that row. I found one way, but is there an easier way?
I'm using the Conditional Formatting feature. By default it only formats a single cell based on that cell's value, but I made the following changes to format the entire row based on the value in COLUMN "Q".
In this example, if the cell value in COLUMN "Q" is "yes" then I change the style for the whole row to "My Style."
- Go to Styles and Formatting from Format menu.
- Define style "MyStyle"
- Select all of the rows I want this to affect.
- Go to Conditional Formatting from Format menu.
- Change condition to "Formula is"
- Use the following formula:
So, are there any better ways of doing this?